Pokémon Go is the latest game craze of almost all ages for the past months. It is a reality game developed by an American software development company, Niantic, Inc. The Pokémon Go game application started to become available in the market in July 2016. The game application can be downloaded for free from the Apple Store for IOS device users and Google Play for Android users. Although for some countries where this game app is not yet available, Android device users can download the App by installing the Pokemon Go APK while waiting for the official release of Pokemon Go in their country.
Pokémon Go is based on the famous Japanese animé series, Pokémon (abbreviation for Pocket Monsters). The animé follows the adventure of Ash Ketchum (in the English version of the series) as a Pocket Monster Trainer, together with his two other pokémon trainer friends, Misty and Brock whom he met along the way.
Just like in the animé series, Pokémon Go players will get to become a Pocket Monster trainer like Ash and his friends. The player has to move around, explore like in the anime to capture the 150+ pocket monsters or Pokémons. The game bases its surroundings on the player’s location so be sure to turn your GPS on. Once the app is able to properly detect the location, the app will show the players the Pokémon Stops where you can get surprised` objects, the Pokémon Gyms where you train your Pokémon in a battle with other trainers, and it also shows you where there are pocket monsters lurking.
How to download Pokemon Go
For IOS device users:
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for “Pokémon Go” (see screenshot below).
- Click “Get” to install it on your device.
- Once it is successfully installed, you may need a Google account to register.
- Once registered, choose your avatar and dress it up how you wanted.
- When you’re satisfied with your avatar, then you’re finally ready to become a Pokémon Trainer! Don’t worry, you can still modify how your avatar looks should you have a change of heart later. 🙂
For Android device users:
- Go to Google Play.
- Search for “Pokémon Go”. You should be able to see if it’s already available in your country, or else, you may have to google “Pokémon Go APK” to know how you can download it on your device.
- Once you have installed the app, just follow the same steps above (4 to 6).
Now, go and catch ‘em all!
Pokémon Go in the App Store